Friday, February 26, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 55

Today's reading schedule is Jeremiah 11 through 23 but I read through chapter 26. I'm hoping to read a few extra chapters for a few days and make up one of my missed days. I really want to finish the reading in 90 days or less and I don't want to read all of Revelation on day 90!

I marked another prophecy about Christ.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely:
and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Jeremiah 23:5-6.


I also found this promise:

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD,
and whose hope the LORD is.

For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit

Jeremiah 17:7-8.


This promise sounds glorious to me, especially because I live in a desert. The image of a tree planted by waters, green leaves, ever yielding fruit... It just sounds so peaceful and I would love to be sitting under that tree right now.

No comments: