Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blogging Through the Gospels - Matthew 4

S: Scripture

Matthew 4:16 “The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”

O: Observation

I love the line “light has dawned.” These people were given a great opportunity to see Christ. Simply by Him being in the area, the people who were formerly in darkness saw a great light. In their life, light had dawned.

A: Application

I need to focus more on Christ and less on me. The Bible has a great deal to say about me and what I do or don’t do, what I believe or shouldn’t believe. However, the Bible is a revelation about God. HE is the most important part in it.

P: Prayer

Father, thank You for giving me time every morning to read about You. Please help me to focus on You and what I can learn about Your character instead of being selfish and wondering what I can get out of the reading. Thank You for sending Jess to this world, a great light in the darkness. Amen.

No comments: