Thursday, April 28, 2011

God reveals Himself

Today's reading is Matthew 24. I love this chapter! A focus on the second coming of Christ is hugely emphasized in my church, as evidenced by the Adventist portion of the denomination name.

We could spend a month talking about this one chapter and not exhaust all it contains. Alas, I had to pick only one verse.

But as the days of Noah were,
so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
Matthew 24:37

There are two things I want to point out in this verse:

1 - "...so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." Jesus' coming is definite. We can look forward to it! He is coming and will take us home with Him. A perfect world. A chance to spend eternity with our Creator. I can't wait!

2 - "But as the days of Noah were..." God does not want us to be ignorant. Many times in the Bible we can find written the words "he who has ears to hear, let him hear." God does not leave us in the dark, wondering if He exists and if He will return. He gives us clear evidence, many signs in this chapter alone. We just have to open our ears and hear Him!

Father, thank You for sharing knowledge with us. Thank You for not leaving us in the dark! Even though some of the signs of Your coming are frightening, I know that You are with us. Please help me to rest in You instead of getting distracted by the things around me. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Missie said...

Great verse and insight!