Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hear Him!

I've been keeping up with the reading but my blogging has been a bit intermittent in Blogging Through the Gospels!

While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
Matthew 17:5


This description echoes what happened at Jesus' baptism. At that time, a voice came from heaven saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:17). Throughout Jesus's life, God gave evidence to man that He was well pleased with His Son.

I take this to mean that we are to both hear Him (as the Father commanded) and act like Him. Everything Jesus did was approved of by His Father. They acted as one.

Father, please help me to be like You. Like Your Son. Thank You for sending Jesus as an example of what You are like. Please guide me today, tomorrow, and after that. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

If you want to join us in the reading, please visit today's devotional guide and jump right in!