Monday, April 11, 2011

Compassion

I am blogging through the Gospels. Would you like to join me? You can jump in at any time! Here is this week's reading schedule.

But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
Matthew 9:36


The people were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. It sounds like it could be describing our world today. Jesus looked at the people and was moved with compassion. I love that phrase. “He was moved with compassion.” My God is a God of compassion.

Thank You, Father, for caring for me. Thank You for being compassionate. Thank You for not looking on me when I am weary and scattered and judging my lack of faith. Thank You for having compassion on me instead! Please help me to turn to You when I am tired instead of feeling lost. Amen.

No comments: