Sunday, April 10, 2011

God is all powerful...

... and yet He still cares about the individual.

But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
Matthew 8:26, 27

If I am with Jesus, I have no need to be afraid. He is powerful, controlling even the winds and the sea. This is the same God that is willing and able to cleanse a Centurion’s servant simply because the Centurion had faith in Him (vs 13).

Today's reading reminds me of a song I sung as a child.

My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
The mountains are His
The rivers are His
The skies are His handiworks too
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do

Father, help me to remember that You are in control. Thank You for caring about the big stuff and the little stuff! Thank You for displaying Your power and letting me see how big and powerful You are. Please be with me today and help me to be afraid of nothing, as You are here with me. Amen!