Saturday, April 9, 2011

God is a gift giver

I love how I keep finding more and more wonderful characteristics of God. Today's reading (Matthew 7) had a lot of interesting verses and I keeping finding passages I want to study further.

“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”
Matthew 7:11


God is generous! God is family. In this verse, Jesus is speaking to His disciples and calls God their Father. God is my Father. And He is a gift giver.

Father, thank You for being so good to me, for being my Father. Thank You for giving us the Sabbath, a day to rest and spend with You. Please be with me today. Spend time with me. Teach me. Thank You for the good gifts You give if we just ask. Please help to me to remember that You are good and worthy to be praised. Amen.

No comments: