Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 64

I missed posting yesterday because I didn't remember until the evening and then I was so tired I crashed in bed. I did complete the reading, though.

Today I read Daniel 9 through the end of Hosea. This is the first time I've read through Hosea since reading Redeeming Love. That book really touched me so I was excited to read through Hosea, the story that inspired Redeeming Love.

It amazes me that God told Hosea to marry a prostitute who was still living in sin. I understand the symbolism. God wanted Israel to understand His love for them and illustrated it through Hosea and his wife. But Hosea's wife left him and went back to prostitution. God told Hosea to retrieve his wife from prostitution. Hosea paid for her to bring her back into his home (Hosea 3:2). He paid for his own wife to escape prostitution. That's how important it was to him.

I love the imagery in this verse:

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you
Hosea 10:12.


I want to sow righteousness and reap mercy. It is time to seek the Lord until He comes and rains righteousness upon His people!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't comment much on your Bible posts, but I do find your thoughts on what you've read interesting. The verses you choose to quote and comment always seem to strike a chord with me.

Cassandra said...

Ann, thanks for this comment. I am blogging through the reading mostly for me and then maybe to reach someone else if I can. But I get so few comments about it that I wonder if I'm boring people. :) Your comment means a lot to me.