Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 76

Today's reading covers John 6 through 15. There was so much in these chapters that I felt like I was missing most of it by reading so quickly. Maybe after I'm finished with this reading plan I will study the gospels for a quarter. That's an idea that definitely appeals to me.

Christ is so important. He is our connection to our Father. He is the giver of life. He is the Creator. The Saviour. The law-giver.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

John 15:4-5.


These two verses are packed with information and guidance. Christ instructs us to abide in Him. Not only that, but He will abide in us. A vine gives nutrients and life to its branches. Christ gives us instruction and life. If I abide in Him, I will bring forth much fruit.

What is the fruit?

That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ.

Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God

Philippians 1:10-11.


Christ gives us fruits of righteousness if we abide in Him. This is important because it offers glory and praise to the Father. Amen!

No comments: