Friday, March 19, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 77

Today I read John 16 through Acts 6. I love the book of John and am really disappointed that I'm already done reading it.

Jesus' love amazes me.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home

John 19:26-27.


While Jesus was dying on the cross, He thought of others. He forgave the thief for his sin. He placed His mother in John's care. He prayed for the forgiveness of the officers who were crucifying Him.

If I was undergoing difficulties, would my first thought be for someone else? Based on past experience, no. I want that pure love that Christ had for everyone around Him. "Amazing love! How can it be that You, my King, should die for me."

No comments: