Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 65

Today I read Joel and Amos. It's so cool being able to read multiple books all in one day. I know they are short, but still. It's an accomplishment.

I am noticing a theme across the Bible. I don't believe this is the only theme, but I think it's a major theme of the Bible. What is it? God loves us and keeps calling for us to return to Him. I know I've posted at least a few texts about God calling Israel back to Him, pleading with them to give up their stubborn ways and return to the life Giver.

Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil

Joel 2:12-13.


And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call
Joel 2:32.


No matter what Israel did, whether it was idolatry, murder, distrust, corrupt kings, sexual perversion... God called Israel back to Him. The people didn't always listen, but God kept calling. I know it is the same with us today. No matter what we've done, God keeps calling us back to Him so that we might have life. I hope we listen.

No comments: