Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 81

I'm not reading exactly what the schedule calls for as I want to read entire books in one sitting if at all possible. Today, instead of reading 1 Corinthians 1 through 14, I read the entire book. It only adds a couple of chapters but I feel like I'm getting the entire context.

I marked another promise that is really encouraging to me.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it
1 Corinthians 10:13.


This text tells me that I am not alone in my struggles. First, other people experience some of the same issues that I fight with. Second, Abba is not going to allow me to be tempted more than I can handle with His help. When temptations come, Abba provides a way of escape.

Too many times, I fight with temptations and fall. I need to keep my eyes on Him and He will provide a way for me to escape the temptations. All I need to do is ask.

No comments: