Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Days 66 & 67

I was having problems with everything Google yesterday and that included the ability to log into my blog. Therefore, there was no post.

Between yesterday and today, I read Obadiah through Zechariah 10. Tomorrow I start reading the New Testament!

I marked down several more Messianic prophecies.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting
Micah 5:2.


Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass
Zechariah 9:9.


This last passage shows me what is really important to God.

Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?

Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6:6-8.


God doesn't want thousands of burnt offerings or my first born child sacrificed on an altar to forgive my sins. What does He want? That I do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him. Such simple requirements but so hard to follow. I pray that God will give me a spirit that will want to follow Him.

No comments: