Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 75

I didn't get to read this morning, as I received a message from my brother immediately after I got out of bed. He was coming through town to pick up his daughter and wanted to know if I was interested in joining them for the morning and lunch. Yes! So I completed my Bible reading shortly upon returning home this afternoon.

The reading covered Luke 21 through John 5. I love John. It's my favorite gospel. I feel John is packed with great advice, information about Christ, and motivational verses. John even starts out wonderfully.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men

John 1:1-4.


And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth
John 1:14.


This tells us that the Word is Christ. He existed in the beginning and is God. Christ created the world and formed Adam with His own two hands. For some reason, this makes the creation story so much more personal. Jesus Christ, the one who offered up His life for me, created cats and trees and water and whales and MAN. Not only did Christ create us, He is life. He is our life source. My overwhelming response is gratitude. What an amazing gift.

No comments: