Friday, January 1, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 1

I can't believe it's 2010 already. That doesn't seem possible. 2009 flew.

I started the Bible in 90 Days schedule, covering Genesis 1 through 16 this morning. It took me about 40 minutes to read. It would have been faster but I kept telling my hubby things I was reading about and questions that I will have to study later. I also struggle with reading the Bible so quickly as it feels "wrong" to not take my time.

One verse in particular stood out:

And he (Abraham) believed in the Lord;
and He counted it to him for righteousness

Genesis 15:6.


Abraham believed. He trusted God's promises. He didn't have to act a certain way or live his life perfectly. He believed and God counted it to him for righteousness. This is encouraging to me as I struggle every day with various sins of the heart. But I also believe in God and that He will guide me. If Abraham was counted as righteous even though he took multiple wives, tried to bring about God's will through his own means, and lied, there is hope for me.

No comments: