Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 20

I didn't have too many thoughts on today's reading (1 Samuel 3 through 15). I did mark a couple texts as interesting, though.

And it was so, that when he [Saul] had turned his back to go from Samuel,
God gave him another heart:
and all those signs came to pass that day

1 Samuel 10:9.


This verse jumped out at me because of the phrase "God gave him another heart." That sounds kind of like God causing Pharaoh's heart to harden. I'm definitely going to have to study this topic more after I'm done with the 90 days.

The other text that stuck out to me was 1 Samuel 11:6.

And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.


This addresses a question that has come up in our Bible study several times, if anger is considered a sin. In this text, the Spirit of God came upon Saul and his anger was kindled. Obviously, that means that some types of anger or reasons for anger are not sinful, or else the Spirit of God would not have caused those feelings in Saul. Just a thought I had today.

1 comment:

h2ovapor said...

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath