Friday, January 29, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 29

At least it didn't use the word "begat." Today's reading covered 1 Chronicles 1 through 9 and was roughly 97% genealogy.

The most notable section of today's chapters was two verses devoted to Jabez.

And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested

1 Chronicles 4:9-10.


Jabez called on God and asked for an increase in land and protection from evil. Because Jabez asked, God granted his request. Sometimes we don't receive because we don't ask.

Ask, and it shall be given you;
seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Matthew 7:7.

No comments: