Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 9

I finished reading Leviticus today, covering chapters 15 through 27. These chapters covered laws about adultery, lying, Sabbath breaking, etc. It also talked about how to diagnose illness and if someone is considered unclean, as well as the steps for them to become clean.

The reading was a bit dry but I had to wonder how many of these guidelines should still be followed today. The laws for cleanliness would probably still be considered good guidelines for avoiding contagions.

I've realized that spending so much time in the Bible, between half an hour and an hour a day, has left me more picky about my leisure time. Hubby and I wanted to rent a movie tonight. Most of the time we rent from Redbox as we generally have codes for free movies. Unfortunately, Redbox didn't have any movies that we wanted to see. Prior to starting this challenge, I might have wanted to see some of the newer dramas. But I looked at the R rating and realized that I didn't want to watch something that would push me out of the comforting feeling that Christ is nearby.

I can't guarantee that my pickiness concerning books and movies will continue. I hope I will continue to be more aware and choosy of what I'm watching. But for tonight, we chose to visit Blockbuster and picked up Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Good clean fun and they are movies that I would feel comfortable watching with Christ.

No comments: