Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 7

First week is complete! I've read all of Genesis and Exodus.

This morning, I found my thoughts drifting during the reading. Parts of it were really interesting (golden calf) but most of it was a list of lists about the tabernacle. I know the details are important and the sanctuary is a great study. But it's hard to just read it all, especially 11 chapters of it.

I love how Exodus concludes.

Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all of their journeys: But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up. For the cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys
Exodus 40:34-38.


God was physically with the children of Israel throughout their journey to Canaan. Even after the Israelites rejected God's leading them into Canaan, He didn't abandon them. The text says that God was there throughout all their journeys.

Even when I am not perfect, when I speak crossly to my husband or don't study my Bible as I should, God is still with me. He loves me. And for that, my natural response is to love Him in return.

No comments: