Friday, January 8, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 8

Wow. My takeaway from the day's reading is that sin is serious. I read Leviticus 1 through 14 and most of it was about different types of offerings. The lists are detailed. Specific sins require specific offerings. The age, type, and gender of an animal is detailed. Each animal had to be in perfect condition, not a spot or blemish on it.

Sin is very serious if it requires such attention to detail when the sinner sacrifices to receive atonement.

I am so glad that I was born in this time period. It would be really hard to stomach picking out an animal, taking it to the sanctuary, and then slitting it's throat. All because I lied. But that's how serious sin really is. My sins killed Jesus Christ. And the Jewish sacrifices illustrated the gravity of sin. I am thankful that I don't have to sacrifice an animal every time I sin. But I also pray that I will be ever mindful of how serious my sins are, how much they cost both the Father and the Son.

No comments: