Friday, January 15, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 15

Today's reading (Deuteronomy 24 through 34) had a continuation of one of yesterday's themes. Several times I read how Moses instructed the Israelites to choose obedience, to choose God. His pleas culminated in the following verses:

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:
therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
That thou mayest love the LORD thy God,
and that thou mayest obey his voice,
and that thou mayest cleave unto him:
for he is thy life, and the length of thy days:
that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers,
to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them
Deuteronomy 30:19-20.


I want blessings, obedience, love, and length of days. I choose life.

No comments: