Monday, January 11, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 11

I didn't read this morning. Usually, I try to read my Bible first thing in the morning or right after I get back from exercising. Today I had to be ready to leave the house at 8:30 and spent the whole morning scrambling. I didn't read today's assignment until 4:00 this afternoon.

I missed my morning reading. I felt like I was getting the day off on the wrong foot by not reading the Bible first thing. It's amazing how quickly I've come to rely on that prayer time and devotional time spent in God's word.

Today's reading was Numbers 9 through 21. What impressed me the most was how often I read "and the Israelites became angry and complained about God's care." Over and over and over again. God took care of His people. He still takes care of His people. And yet the Israelites complained because they weren't happy with the food. They were afraid God wasn't going to provide water. They were jealous of Moses being the leader even though Moses had the job they would probably run screaming from if they really understood what was involved!

Lord, please help me to be content and to trust You. Help me to avoid complaining but to remember that You ALWAYS provide. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: